Monday 6 March 2017

Waiting for Mr Darcy.....


Hi there it's Elizabeth here with another page from my Junk and Disorderly Journal. Jane is daydreaming of Mr Darcy with thoughts flying around her head like birds.


I started by stamping the lace from the Mr Darcy Stamp Set across the bottom of a Bockingford tag,  using Versamark ink, Wow fine black embossing powder, and heating it. Once cool I trimmed across the edge to create a scalloped finish.


I carried on adding more stamping and built up a design using Jane and also the birds. These were also embossed.



I coloured Jane and the rest of the tag, using a selection of the gorgeous Luscious Powders leaving each colour to dry completely before adding another, otherwise the colours would blend together like watercolours.


Whilst the tag was on one sie drying out, I stamped out a background using the Lace stamp, this time using a black Versafine ink. I added splatters of Cinderella Metallic  paint, and created a shelf for the tag to sit on using a piece of bright pink Sari Silk.


I added more of the same Pink Sari Silk to the tag, before adding it onto the journal page.


To finish off the page I added more birds, die cut from a Tim Holtz strip die.


So Jane sitting pretty in her pink silk gown is dreaming of Mr Darcy, his velvet brown eyes, broad shoulders and handsome good looks, will he call on her, I wonder..................

Elizabeth x

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful piece of work Elizabeth and I love the black with the pink sari silk and all the pinks and blues you have introduced to the tag, also the sweet birds flying across. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lace looks so realistic Elizabeth and you have coloured Jane so beautifully! I am sure if Mr Darcy caught a glimpse of her he would be there in a flash..... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Elizabeth, I love the gorgeous lace background and I sure hope Mr Darcy does visit.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this I thought you had found a bargain on lace but then I find out it is stamped. It looks so realistic - had me fooled. Love the elegant feel to this along with the vintage vibe. The pops of colour are stunning. Also, love your story - I want to meet Mr. Darcy.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful Elizabeth - I adore this - the colours on this are just wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete